NCSF Personal Trainer App
Put the science into your workouts without lengthy, long-hand calculations or textbooks. The NCSF Personal Trainer App provides essential information to maximize the time-effort relationship, create more effective programs, adjust intensities, and determine physiological metrics to demonstrate results.
- 1-Rep Max – accurately predicts 1RM safely and effectively for any exercise
- Multi-Repetition – accurately predicts the appropriate weight for a given number of repetitions based on 1RM
- Percentage of Max Effort – estimates how hard a set of resistance training will be relative to max effort; great for programming progressions
- Daily Caloric Need - The Daily Caloric Need calculator takes into account all relevant information including RMR, thermic effect of food and physical activity status to reliably predict your daily caloric expenditure.
- Daily Energy Nutrient Intake – provides you with evidence-based nutrition recommendations for carbohydrate, protein, and fat in grams and calories per day based on physical activity level and cardiovascular risk
- Caloric Expenditure – quickly determines calories expended from physical activity based on human research
- Target Body Weight – accurately assesses weight loss adjustments based on current and goal body fat
- Resting Metabolic Rate (Harris-Benedict) – estimates the number of calories expended per day based on gender, age, height, and weight
- Resting Metabolic Rate (Lean Mass) – estimates the number of calories expended per day based on lean mass
- Body Fat – rapidly provides body fat percentage from 3 site assessments
- Body Mass Index (BMI) – identifies predicted risk for disease and compares with healthy values
- Target Heart Rate – quickly identifies ideal heart rate training zones for effective aerobic training
- Max HR Calculators – Determining Heart Rate Max is necessary to accurately identify an exerciser's relative training zones for improved cardiorespiratory fitness or for competitive event preparation.
- VO2max - Volume of Oxygen – Easily calculate your VO2max using the Astrand treadmill protocol, 1.5 mile run test or one-mile walk test and compare your aerobic capacity to the population norms.
- Exercise Energy Expenditure – Predict caloric expenditure based on the intensity and duration of a exercise coupled with your current cardiovascular fitness level.